Modine is committed to the fair and equitable treatment of our suppliers, providing qualified suppliers with equal opportunity to grow their business. Supplier confidentiality is maintained by all Modine employees in order to maintain high ethical standards and to support the creation of lasting supplier relationships.
In return, suppliers are expected to:
- Maintain the confidentiality of information provided by Modine.
- Conduct business ethically, without attempt to influence through gifts, entertainment, or favors that would create a conflict of interest.
- Advise Modine of product and process technology alternatives that would improve the purchase value.
- Partner with Modine to produce sustainable products using environmentally sustainable materials and processes.
Modine pursues market leadership by being a customer-focused, global company delivering exceptional quality, innovation and value. The key to our success lies in our ability to satisfy our customers with quality goods and services. Therefore, it is our policy to:
- Consistently provide heat transfer products, processes, and services that meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Continuously pursue superior quality and advanced quality systems through programs that consider our customers quality and logistic requirements, market, environment, and employees.
To achieve this quality goal, Modine needs supply chain partners with a parallel commitment to exceptional quality, innovation, and value.
Modine is committed to minimize the impact of its manufacturing operations on human health and the environment and to implement improvements for environmental protection that are consistent with the Company’s business principles and values. This policy is the foundation of Modine’s Environmental Management System and every employee is responsible for supporting the following principles to which the Company commits:
- Take a proactive approach to resolving environmental issues.
- Educate and train ourselves to adhere to sound environmental practices.
- Consider environmental aspects during product development.
- Conserve resources, prevent pollution, minimize waste and reduce the environmental impact of our manufacturing processes.
- Reduce the use of toxic chemicals.
- Measure, control, verify and continually improve our environmental performance.
- Comply with regulatory and other environmental requirements (such as customer requirements or agreements established with individuals or organizations outside of Modine).
Modine has a long history of financial stability, dating back to our founding in 1916. Our business efforts are forged with an eye toward the future and are grounded in the principles of running an accountable and responsible corporation. To help us fulfill our responsibility, Modine has taken additional steps in establishing worldwide methods for employees and suppliers to report any matters they believe may not be in line with Company values or legally acceptable standards. These include the following:
- Business Conflicts of Interest
- Improper use of Confidential Information
- Actual or Threatened Illegal Acts or Criminal Violations
- Environmental, Health or Safety Concerns
- Human Rights
Modine has established the Modine Business Ethics Committee ("Ethics Committee"), which is responsible for overseeing all internal investigations regarding matters involving business ethics, and ensuring compliance with legal and internal requirements relative to matters of business ethics. The Ethics Committee is available to anyone inside or outside of the company who wishes to make a report.
Please be aware the Ethics Committee will handle all reported matters in a confidential manner and will endeavor to preserve anonymity, if desired, in a manner consistent with the best interests of the parties involved and legal requirements.
To anonymously report an ethical concern, please visit the EthicsPoint Reporting System.
For further information on our Right Way Ethics program, please read our Code of Ethics and Business Conduct.
Conflict Minerals (Dodd-Frank Section 1502)
Modine is committed to sourcing components and materials from suppliers that share the values expressed in our Code of Ethics and Business Conduct, which includes the respect of human rights. In support of the human rights principle of the Conflict Minerals Act, Modine suppliers must commit to being or becoming “Conflict Free” by sourcing Tin, Tantalum, Tungsten and Gold from conflict-free smelters only. For additional information on Conflict Minerals and the Modine supplier compliance requirements, please see the Modine Policy Regarding Conflict Minerals.