Modine CIS produces two kinds of coating to protect the coils within heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration units.
ElectroFin® E-Coat was designed to protect HVAC&R coils from corrosive environments and is a market-leading product, used by every major OEM.
It has excellent corrosion resistance, as well as uniformity of coverage and coating thickness, and is recognised internationally as the best corrosion protection for fin and tube heat exchangers in coastal environments.
ElectroFin® E-Coat benefits
- Increased efficiency and length of service of HVAC&R systems
- Reduced maintenance, replacement and operating costs
- Corrosion protection with complete coverage of metallic surfaces and sharp edges.
- Uniform film thickness from the outside fin edges to the deepest and most recessed areas internally.
- Flexibility means that bent fins can be straightened with no cracking or flaking of coating.
- Thermal conductivity is not measurably diminished compared with
uncoated coil because of the thin film thickness and uniformity. The
thermal performance of a coated coil is better than that of a fouled,
- Guaranteed 100% coverage of any fin design, including enhanced fins up to 30 fins per inch, without bridging.
- Coil useful life is 3-5 times longer than the life of an uncoated coil in the same location and environment.
When time is critical, a field-applied spray coating may be the right solution. Modine Insitu® is a permanent, water-based, synthetic coating developed specifically for the protection of heat exchange units. It can be applied quickly at our facilities or on-site.
While this technology does not match the complete immersion, factory-applied ElectroFin® E-Coat process, a spray-applied coating does provide a level of protection that is better than no coating at all. Applied by certified technicians, the coating is fast drying, with only a single application required.
Modine Insitu® benefits
- Decreases pressure and temperature deltas
- Extends operational life
- Creates a smooth surface for easy maintenance
- High chemical and UV resistance
- Drop ship available
- Environmentally sustainable
- Meets low VOC, water-based SCAQMD emission standards
- No refrigerant removal necessary
Modine Insitu® contains ES² (embedded stainless steel pigment) technology, an anticorrosion coating specifically designed for the protection of coils mounted in corrosive areas. Coils will have a permanent, water-based synthetic coating with ES2 pigment applied to all coating surface areas without material bridging between fins.
Licensed Insitu applicators
Contact us to request a complete list of our licensed Insitu® coil and cabinet applicators.
Both E-coat and Insitu coating processes are widely used by manufacturers of HVAC&R equipment and HVAC&R contractors all over the world.